Red Bluff Pickles & Provisions
Date Porter Jam
Date Porter Jam
We're taking beer jelly to the next level with our Date Porter Jam.
Contains: Phillips Brewing & Malting Co's Chocolate Porter craft beer from Victoria BC, dates, apple, shallots, organic cane sugar, vinegar, spices and natural pectin.
Our favourite ways to use this jam:
- Add to a pan sauce for meat or fish
- Pour over a wheel of Brie or Camembert
- Stir into plain yogurt or ice cream
- Add to vinaigrette
- Fill pastries, cakes and cookies
- Make a glaze for tarts and shortcake…
- Make a french tarte with goat cheese and tomatoes; brush the jelly over the cheese and bake
- Top flatbread with your favourite sharp cheese and spread with beer jelly before broiling
Can I use my pepper jelly in cooking?
Yes, by all means! Pepper jelly makes an incredible glaze for meats, fish and vegetables. Try brushing pepper jelly on a slab of seasoned salmon before baking it in a 425F oven for about 10 minutes, (depending on the thickness of your fish). When it is done, run it under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes to finish.
What can I do with the little bit of pepper jelly I have left in my jar?
Make a quick vinaigrette to dress up a simple salad of leafy greens by adding a little oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to the remaining pepper jelly. Add a few berries or some seeds and toss to coat everything lightly before serving.
Can I bake with pepper jelly?
Absolutely! Get creative in your kitchen. Try making a sharp cheddar shortbread thumbprint cookie and fill the center with any of our pepper jellies for a sweet and savory appetizer.
Or even easier, line mini tart tins with ready made puff pastry, add a small cube of cream cheese to each tin and top with a teaspoon of pepper jelly. Bake according to the directions on your puff pastry box.